When it comes to children, parents try to be as practical as possible. The truth is that in the first years of life, a child goes through stuff very quickly. In the first 6 months of life, you need a particular category of things, then another, and so on and so forth until the child grows older. Another fact is that nursery products do not come cheap. Raising a baby can be very expensive, which is why parents try to save money where they can.
A perfect example of what I mentioned above is the crib. While the kid is under 6 months, you need a bedside crib, or a co-sleeper, to keep him or her close. Then, you need a bassinet because you are not ready to leave the child sleep on his own in the next room. When you finally decide that the baby should have his own room, you need a crib. A few years after, you need a toddler bed. Until the child reaches teenage years, you change multiple beds. But what if you don’t have to? I am talking about a convertible crib that you can buy before you give birth, and can last for years at end. In some cases, your child can use it until he or she goes to college.
The benefits of a convertible crib
Honestly, I don’t even know where to start. I think the whole idea is brilliant, and I wonder whyis this new. Not new, per se, it’s been around, but just for a few years. So, here is why people, including myself, love a convertible crib.
- It’s a long-term, cost-effective solution – everybody loves to save money, especially when you have a child that goes through your savings like a hot butter knife through As a parent, you try to save when and where you can. You cut costs and most of the times you have to sacrifices things you love for the sake of the baby. It’s an admirable thing, but if there is an opportunity to save yourself the trouble, then why not? A convertible crib can last as long as the child lives in your house. It’s true that it is more expensive than regular cribs, but it’s not more costly than all the beds your kid needs until he or she is ready to leave from home. In the long run, a convertible crib is the best idea ever.
- The quality is unmatchable – given the fact that the piece of furniture is designed to last as long as 18 years, the materials from which it’s manufactured are of superior quality. It can’t last that long if the wood is cheap and the joints are poorly made, can’t it? All manufacturers that produce convertible cribs can guarantee that their product is of the highest quality and that will not break as long as you use it as recommended.
- It can help your child with transition – when you make another bed from the old one, when it looks exactly the same but only has slight modifications, your child will go easier through the transition from one type of bed to the other. First, you remove a rail and add a smaller one, then you remove the little one as well, and so on. The child will barely notice these first changes, and when the big modifications must be made, the kid will be old enough to understand what is happening. That can eliminate a lot of frustration for the parents and a lot of stress for the child.
I am not going to keep going because I don’t need to sell the idea furthermore. Most parents are sold at the cost-efficient benefit. However, I must disclose the aspects that people don’t like as well. Personally, I don’t consider them drawbacks, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. So here is what is labeled as disadvantages.
- It’s expensive – of course, it’s expensive, there can be seven models in a single crib. What did you expect? Try to buy all those seven beds separately and see what you get. The convertible crib will seem more affordable after that.
- You need a conversion kit every time you go from one model to the other – I don’t find it a drawback as much as a necessity. Anything thatneeds to be modified requires the proper tools, screws and such. You can’t just expect to make seven different beds from the same crib with the same tools. But that’s just me.
What to consider when buying the best convertible crib
There are a few things you should pay attention to when you make a purchase. After all, you are going to spend some money, so you need to make sure that your choice is wise. Here is what I recommend you look at.
- Choose a non-folding convertible crib – while folding cribs are an ideal choice for small living spaces, a non-folding convertible crib is more stable. That ensures that the joints stay where they are, and the crib won’t get wobbly in a few years. Also, you will feel that your baby is safer in a stable crib.
- Make sure that the conversion kits are always available – the best way to ensure that is to buy a crib from a reputable manufacturer. Chances are that the company will be around long enough. Small, anonymous companies may not, and when your child grows, and you need to buy the conversion kit, you don’t have a manufacturer to turn to.
- Rail availability – this is similar to the conversion kit availability. Toddler rails, for example, are not included in the original piece, so when your child becomes a toddler, you have to buy one. Make sure that you have who to buy it from.
- Eco-friendly – that is not one of those annoying hipster things. This is serious. Your child will touch that crib with his hands and sometimes with his mouth (especially when he is teething). Do you really want the finish to be toxic? Of course not. Look for a convertible crib that meets the ASTM International (America Society for Testing and Materials) standards.
Other features may include, under-the-bed storage, maybe a changing table, and wheels. But these are not as important as the ones I mentioned before. They are more preferences than anything else.
What are the best convertible cribs?
I have to admit that there is quite the number of convertible cribs. If you do a simple search, hundreds of results will unfold before your eyes. Don’t let yourself drift away from your purpose and pay attention to the details I talked about. As long as you do that, you should be able to make a smart decision. If you are still confused, here are three convertible cribs that meet all the criteria and have a perfect balance between quality and cost.
Dream On Me Violet 7-in-1 Convertible LifeStyle Crib
The Dream On Me convertible crib is designed to last a lifetime. The construction is sturdy, and the materials are durable. You can use the crib as it is, or you can convert it into a toddler bed, a day bed, a twin bed (two setup options), or a full bed (also with two configuration options). The conversion kits are always available and come at an affordable price.
The mattress, which is not included in the package, can be positioned at 4 different heights. While your child grows, the mattress must be lowered so you can eliminate the danger of jumping out of the crib. The Dream On Me crib will help you with that.
As far as safety and quality are concerned, this crib is doubtless one of the safest cribs ever manufactured. It meets all ASTM and CSPS standards for safety. The materials are BPA-free, there is no latex or lead mixed in the materials, and is free of phthalates. The structure is sound and stable, and the design is ergonomic.
The aspect of this convertible crib is not something to be overlooked. It looks fantastic, and you can find it in a variety of finishes. It has smooth lines and gentle curves, and it will make an excellent addition to any nursery. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail
The DaVinci is another example of a perfect crib. It comes in a variety of finishes, all of them looking more stunning than the other. Any nursery will look amazing with this crib in its middle. It has 4 uses: as a crib, a toddler bed, a daybed, and a full-size bed for the teenage years. The original package comes with a toddler rail, so you won’t have to buy one in the future. It is included in the price. It is a smart investment if you ask me.
This crib is Greenguard Gold certified. It has been screened for 360 VOCs and over ten thousands chemicals. The finish is entirely non-toxic and is obtained through a multi-step painting process. Also, there is no lead or phthalates. You child will be as safe as possible. Not to mention that the crib also meets the ASTM and CPSC safety standards. It doesn’t get any safer than that.
All conversion kits are sold separately, except for the toddler bed kit. That one comes when you receive the crib. The mattress’s height is adjustable, so your child can’t jump out of the crib when he is a few years old. All the materials areof the highest quality to ensure a long lasting life. If properly installed and maintained, you will disassemble the DaVinci when your child goes to college. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
Last, but not least, the Delta Children Crib is another high-quality convertible crib in which your child can sleep from infancy to teenage years. The crib converts to a toddler bed, a daybed, and ultimately to a full-size bed with headboard and footboard.
The height of the mattress, which does not come with the crib, can be adjusted. There are three possible heights that will protect your child from the temptation of jumping overboard. All children try to escape, but by doing so, severe accidents can happen. But as long as you adjust the mattress, you child should be safe.
Safety is also ensuredby the non-toxic finish. There is no lead of phthalates in it. It meets and exceeds all safety and health standards imposed by the US Government. The assembly is easy, but it is a two-person job. The construction is sturdy and made to last. The wood is of the highest quality. Even if the years pass, the crib will not wobble, and the joints will keep their positions.
Aesthetically speaking, the Delta Children Crib looks gorgeous. You can find it in a variety of finishes to match your nursery. It’s safe, reliable, durable, and stable. It’s everything you want and need in a convertible crib. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Judging by all the features, it’s tough to make a decision. Honestly, I am charmed by these convertible cribs’ beauty, practicality, and quality. But if I had to choose, I would go with the Dream On Me Violet 7-in-1 Convertible LifeStyle Crib. It has it all, and something extra than the other two. That is why I believe it to be one of the best convertible cribs on the market.
I am simply amazed by the practicality a convertible crib has. The idea you can have almost the same piece of furniture for so long, without losing its use is almost unbelievable. The manufacturer that came first with this idea should win a prize or something for ingenuity. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The War Against White Crib
- What Everyone Is Saying About Best Baby Cribs Is Wrong and Why
- Buying Cribs for Sale
- Convertible Cribs Features
- The Ultimate Solution for Baby Furniture You Can Learn About Today
- The Newly Leaked Secret to Nursery Furniture Discovered
- The Argument About Baby Bed
- The Little-Known Secrets to Crib
- The Secrets of Baby Cribs Exposed
- Instant Solutions to Mini Crib
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Baby Nursery Furniture and What You Should Do Today
- The Inexplicable Mystery Into Baby Crib Reviews Exposed
- Best Baby Cribs 2015 Explained
- Want to Know More About Small Baby Cribs?
- Safest Cribs at a Glance
- Possible Warning Signs on Safest Baby Cribs You Should Know About
- The Downside Risk of Nursery Sets That No One Is Talking About
- The One Thing to Do for Best Baby Furniture
- What is Truly Happening with Top Rated Cribs
- The Dirty Facts About Baby Furniture Stores
- Get the Scoop on Best Crib Mattress Before You’re Too Late
- The History of Baby Crib Sets Refuted
- Be the Very First to Know What the Experts Think About Grey Crib
- Unknown Facts About Crib Sets Revealed by an Old Pro
- A Guide to Buy Buy Baby Cribs
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Best Cribs 2016
- Here’s What I Know About Cribs for Babies
- What You Should Do to Find Out About White Baby Cribs Before You’re Left Behind
- Top Choices of Best Cribs 2015
- The Baby Furniture Sets Diaries
- What Everyone Is Saying About round Baby Cribs and What You Should Do
- The Number One Article on Baby Cribs for Sale
- Introducing Cheap Cribs
- The Foolproof Cheap Baby Cribs Strategy
- The Nursery Furniture Sets Cover Up